Heart disease affects hundreds of thousands of patients in this country with heart failure accounting for the majority of hospital admissions. Implanted devices including Implantable Cardiovertor Defibrillators (ICD's) and implantable heart failure devices called Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) have been shown to decrease mortality and increase patients' quality of life.
These implanted devices are usually monitored in the physician's office every three months and sometimes more frequently depending on the patient's needs. As more and more patients have these devices implanted their follow up can burden physicians and inconvenience patients. Each in-office clinic follow up of implanted cardiac devices can take up to twenty to thirty minutes depending on the amount of information that needs to be evaluated and whether patient education or physical assessment is required.
At TELErhythmics the routine as well as emergency or unscheduled transmissions is made easier. These transmissions are immediately evaluated by experienced cardiac nurses and the patient may be called to assess the need for emergency intervention or to simply provide reassurance. The patient's physician is either notified immediately or the next morning depending on the clinical circumstances. The patient's device evaluation remotely provides the clinician with the same data that would have been obtained in the physician's office with the manufacturer's programmer and the patient enjoys the comfort of his own home and eliminates sometimes very long and expensive trips to the doctor or emergency room.
Benefits of our Service to You
- 24/7 365 days per year monitoring by experienced cardiology RNs.
- Consistent follow-up by a friendly highly trained staff.
- Reduced unnecessary emergency room trips and office visits.
- Conveniently scheduled follow-up times from the comfort of your home.
- Immediate emergency attention and assistance by a medically trained staff member.
- Confidence that implanted or other monitoring device is functioning properly.
- No need for patients in rural areas or patients experiencing inclement weather to arrange transportation.
Through our faith in God, devotion to excellence, and clear company vision, we remain focused on what is
ultimately important: the heart health and well-being of our patients.